Give your New Year a lift
Book a getaway and win a brand new SEAT Arona
This January, we’ve a very special prize up for grabs – a brand new SEAT Arona. For your chance to win this smart, stylish crossover, just book any Budget car or van before 31 January 2019 and enter your booking details into the form below.
Terms and conditions
These terms prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. Promoter’s name and address
Avis Budget EMEA Limited, Park Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, United Kingdom RG12 2EW
2. How to participate
There are two ways to participate for those renting an eligible car during the promotional period in the eligible countries (United Kingdom excluding Northern Ireland, Germany, Spain, Austria, France):
2.1 Customers resident in an eligible country who have already completed a car or van rental purchase of any length directly through their local Budget website that falls wholly or partly in the promotion period (01 Dec 2018 - 31 Jan 2019) may enter via completing a form on their local Budget website.
2.2 Customers who complete a car or van rental purchase of any length that falls wholly or partly in the promotion period will be invited to enter via completing a form on their local Budget website. They will be asked to fill in the following details:
- First name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Booking reference
- Country of residence
- Marketing preferences
Entries which are incomplete or misspelt are void and will not be entered into this promotion.
Entrants will be entered into the prize draw for the prize pool for the country in which they live (see further details below).
If more than one vehicle is hired during the promotional period, an Entrant may submit an entry in to this promotion for each car hired.
An entry does not qualify if the reservation is cancelled, the entrant does not pass the standard pre-rental checks carried out by the local Budget rental company in the country of rental or the entrant breaches the terms and conditions of the Rental Agreement in respect of the qualifying rental.
Applicable local Budget websites are:
3. Start date
This promotion will start on 05 Dec 2018 in the United Kingdom and will start on 12 Dec 2018 in all other participating markets. However, the end date is the same for all participating competition countries.
4. Closing date
The closing date for this promotion will be 31 January 2019 for all participating competition countries. Any entry received by the Promoter after this time and date will not be entered into the promotion. The Promoter does not represent, warrant or guarantee the availability of (i) any website or computer system in its custody or control or belonging to any third party or (ii) any telecommunications systems necessary for accessing any Promoter website or computer system. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for entries lost, damaged, defaced, illegible, incomplete or delayed regardless of cause whether incomplete due to systems failure, or for entries not received or incompletely received due to traffic congestion, unauthorized human intervention, failure of computer or telecommunications systems or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information or the failure to capture any such information. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds (a) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this draw (b) to be acting in violation of these rules (c) to be acting otherwise than in good faith or (e) to have provided any false or misleading information as part of the process of entering the draw.
5. Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for entry into this promotion you must: (i) be a resident in an eligible country; (iii) hold a valid UK driving licence; (v) make a reservation between 1 December 2018 and 31 January 2019, for a Budget vehicle, to pick up, from a UK location, between 1 December 2018 and 31 January 2019;. Only Qualifying Entrants may enter the prize draw. Entry is restricted to customers of Avis Budget UK Limited (the Promoter).
6. Selection of the winner[s]
Spain will have its own prize pool from which one winner will be chosen at random.
Austria, France, Germany and United Kingdom will have a combined prize pool from which one winner will be chosen at random.
All eligible entries will be entered into the prize draw. The winners will be selected on 07 February 2019 via a randomised computer process/by an independent adjudicator. The Promoter's decision is final.
The prize are as follows:
- One Seat Arona 1.0 TSI 85 KW (115 CV) 6 vel Start/Stop Style in white or grey to the winner selected at random from those entering the competition in Spain.
- One SEAT Arona 1.0 TSI 85 KW (115 CV) 6 vel Start/Stop Style in white or grey to the winner selected at random from those making a reservation in Austria, France, Germany and UK.
This will include any taxation and registration fees and expenses.
No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
The winner is responsible for all insurance fees and expenses not specified in description of the prize above. The prize does not include travel to collect the prize and the winner must make his or her own arrangements.
The promoter reserves the right to change the prize including specification of the car, but will endeavour to ensure the car promoted is the one given away.
Restrictions and requirements
Please note the following restrictions and requirements apply.
The below are not eligible for entry into this promotion:
- Customers who complete a rental that is NOT wholly or partly in the promotion period
- Customers not resident in one of the participating countries
- Employees of the promoter, its agents, anyone professionally connected with the promotion and their immediate families.
The winner will need to meet Budget booking and rental terms and conditions, and must present a valid credit card in their name when picking up the vehicle for security reasons. Debit cards are not acceptable.
8. Notification of the results and receipt of the prize
The promoter will notify the winners by e-mail within 30 calendar days of the end of the promotional period. Entrants are advised to check their spam filters. If the promoter is unable to contact a winner or doesn’t get a response within 48 hours, it reserves the right to reallocate the prize to another winner. To claim the prize, the winner must provide evidence of residency in the relevant country. Such evidence must be provided in the form of a driving licence and utility bill dated no more than three months prior to the date it is requested. When the prize has been claimed successfully the Promoter will arrange the prize directly with the winner. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and draw an alternative winner where the winner fails to claim the prize within stipulated term or fails to produce the correct evidence or fails to abide by the rules of the Promotion.
Each winner will receive their prize on or before 01 February 2019 at a time that is mutually convenient for both parties.
9. Publicity and winners’ lists
Personal data will be taken where necessary from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the Promotion.
The winner may be requested to take part in publicity resulting from this promotion without further compensation. The names of all Qualifying Entrants who become winners may be published and distributed, provided that the winners will have granted their consent to this in advance.
In the UK, the prize winner’s names and counties are available by emailing email@example.com within three months of the end of the promotional period.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
12. Any personal/income tax liability arising from receipt of the prize will be the responsibility of the recipient.
13. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
14. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
15. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies’ liability for death or personal injury caused by their negligence. Subject to that the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies, shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to entrants that is caused by: (a) technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person’s participation in the promotion - either completing a booking or completing an entry; (b) any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation of the rewards; (c) any act or omission of any third party and/or (d) availability of vehicle and dates.
16. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the country in which the entrant is normally resident.