Personal Accident Insurance
Covers the driver and passengers in case of an incident
Personal Accident Insurance is a package designed to provide additional cover on top of the basic cover included in your quote, and is an excellent way to enjoy peace of mind should someone suffer an injury as a result of an accident.
Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) provides personal cover to the driver and passengers in the event of an incident. We have selected 4 key questions to keep the information simple and succinct. We understand car rental can be difficult and it's our goal to change this and make all our products and services transparent for our customers.
What is Personal Accident Insurance?
This is the only protection cover offered where the 'driver' is covered for personal injury. It is worth checking if you're already covered for this under your own travel insurance.
How can I purchase Personal Accident Insurance?
Personal Accident Insurance is available to purchase at the rental station upon pick up.
If you would like to purchase PAI, Budget has an agreement with AIG who has agreed to enter into a direct contract of insurance with you to provide this cover. Just let us know at the start of your rental and we'll add it to your rental agreement - and you're covered.
What does Personal Accident Insurance cover?
Personal Accident Insurance cover is available at two levels with coverage payable up to the following values:
|Cover||Personal Accident Insurance||Super Personal Accident Insurance|
|Personal Accident||(per insured person)||£42,000||£126,000|
|Medical Expenses||(per insured person)||£2,100||£6,300|
|Assistance & Rescue||(per insured person)||Actual costs||Actual costs|
|Personal Effects||(per insured person)||£2,100||£4,200|
|Baggage||(per insured person)||£200||£245|
|Additional Travel & Accommodation Costs||(per insured person)||N/A||£350|
Replacement of Main House Keys
|(per insured person)||N/A||£350|
- Personal Accident - Maximum indemnity following death, loss of limbs or eyes, or permanent total disablement.
- Medical Expenses (PAI) - An excess of £75 is applicable per claim. Excludes items rented through Budget.
- Medical Expenses & Baggage (SPAI) - An excess of £50 is applicable per claim. Excludes items rented through Budget.
- Assistance & Rescue - Cover includes a 24 hour Emergency Helpline.
- Payments will be made in pound sterling and converted according to exchange rate on date of claim.
How much does Personal Accident Insurance cost?
Windscreen Cover is available as part of our protection packages. Please find prices below and a summary of all other additional cover options: Prices are charged per day, to a maximum charge of 10 days.
Includes - Theft & Damage Excess Reduction, Super Personal Accident Insurance, Windscreen Cover and Roadside Assistance Plus
Includes - Theft & Damage, Excess Reduction and Windscreen Cover
- Vehicle damage claims are subject to a £66 Damage processing fee, unless customer purchases additional coverage.
- Prices quoted are for rentals collected from "Premium" locations. Rentals from "Standard" locations will be 16% lower.
- Please check the prices during the booking process.
Where is Personal Accident Insurance available?
Personal Accident Insurance is available for purchase at all Budget stations across the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
If you have any further questions about our Personal Accident Insurance product, please do not hesitate to call our reservations team on 0808 284 4444. Feel free to ask any question to our rental station staff, we want to make sure you are happy and understand when renting with Budget.