Book a car or van
3 days car hire for the price of 2
Enjoy a long weekend with our 3 for 2 offer
Make the most of your weekend with three days’ car hire for the price of two!
Use the form on the right to book – your extra day will be automatically included in the price.
We've searched high and low to bring you some of the best attractions near three of the UK's top destinations; Cornwall, Edinburgh and London ... less time planning means more time to play!
Cornwall is chock-full of windy roads, stunning beaches, quaint and quirky villages and sumptuous seafood. The perfect place, then, to explore with your Budget rental car.
Lusty Glaze Beach & St Nectans Glan Waterfall
With crashing waves and glistening sands, this little oasis is a beach-lovers paradise. Lusty Glaze is also renowned for adventure activities including surfing, climbing and a 750 foot zip wire. Alternatively, head inland to the St Nectans Glan Waterfall. With ivy clad trees, a meandering river and waterfall, this secret hideaway is an ‘Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’.
Step back in time and channel your inner medieval knight with a trip to this historic village. Swathed in mystery and magic, Tintagel is a delight for anyone interested in the legend of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table. Walk up to Bosworth Castle and be swept away by the breath-taking views over the ocean.
The Seal Sanctuary
The Seal Sanctuary is a ‘rescue, rehabilitation and release centre for seals’ that have been injured or orphaned. Not just a home for seals though, its residents also include otters, penguins and goats!
A truly magical place, the Minack Theatre has been carved snugly in a cliff face overlooking the Atlantic ocean. Open all year round it hosts plays, comedy and music of all genres and for all ages and tastes.
Built on the site of a clay mine, the glass domes of the Eden Project are a well-known spectacle in Cornwall. They are home to thousands of plants from many climates around the world. In the larger of the domes is a simulated rainforest and in the smaller a Mediterranean environment has been recreated. A great day out for all ages.
You can’t go to Cornwall and not sample one of its finest exports: the cream tea! Elegant, sumptuous and decadent, channel your inner Downton Abbey and find purveyors of the very tastiest scones with this guide to “excellent cream teas in Cornwall”.
If you’ve eaten, partied and explored your way through Edinburgh and fancy something a bit different for your bonus day, why not jump in your Budget rental and head out of the city to experience the rich heritage and landscape of its beautiful surroundings?
If you’re lucky enough to get a sunny day while visiting Edinburgh, take a short drive to the sandy beaches of Portobello just a few miles from the city centre. The beach is a hive of activity in the summer with sport competitions, live music and an array of activities to keep you busy all day long.
Midlothian Snowsports Centre
Open every day and virtually all year round, the Midlothian Snowsports Centre south of Edinburgh has something for every level or skier or snowboarder. Grab a coffee at the end of your active day and take in the gorgeous views of the surrounding Pentland Hills.
The Pentland Hills
Peppered with archaeological remains, ancient monuments and listed buildings the rich and expansive landscape of the Pentland hills is a perfect antidote to the hubbub of the city centre. Hike, cycle or ride a horse through the well signposted trails and end your trip on a natural high.
The now world-famous Rosslyn chapel (thanks to its appearance in The Da Vinci Code) is a feast for the senses. Not just beautiful to look at, this medieval building has many historical items to view, crypts to navigate and gardens to explore - perfect for a lazy afternoon.
Edinburgh Fringe Festival
We can’t talk about visiting Edinburgh without mentioning the world-famous festival! The Fringe was born 70 years ago when a group of performers tried in vain to gain entry to the Edinburgh International Festival. They started performing on the fringe of the festival and the rest is history. It culminates on Bank Holiday Monday, so is the perfect time to experience the magic and mayhem of this iconic institution.
What to do with an extra day in London? Chances are you’ve sampled all the delights the sprawling city has to offer, so how about jumping in your Budget rental and heading a bit farther afield into the beautiful towns and countryside surrounding the capital? These attractions are all around an hour’s drive from central London and perfect for a day trip.
Windsor Great Park
It isn’t just the famous castle that draws people to Windsor; this historic town also boasts 4,800 acres of stunning countryside that includes a lake, gardens, deer park and…totem pole!
Aimed at children between the ages of three and 12 (as well as kidults!) Legoland is bursting with activities, attractions, rides and interactive entertainment.
An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Chiltern Hills are perfect for a quintessentially English day out. As well as endless walking and cycling opportunities there are loads of quaint villages, creepy caves and cosy pubs to explore.
Hemel Hempstead Snow Centre
Escape the hustle and heat of the city streets and strap your skis or board on for a day of winter fun! www.thesnowcentre.com
A great day out whatever the weather, whatever your age. Hire a mountain bike and hit the trails of the well-renowned MTB centre, swing from the trees at Go Ape, explore your inner scientist at the Discovery Centre or take a walk through acres of beautiful forest. www.windsorgreatpark.co.uk
One of the best known theme parks in England, Thorpe Park boasts some of the biggest roller coasters in Europe. Park up early and make the most of the dizzying array of adrenaline-fuelled rides!
Terms & conditions
- Offer valid at participating locations in Bosnia, Denmark, Germany, Israel, Malta, Norway, Sweden and the UK. Participating countries and branches will vary and may change at any time and without prior notice.
- Bookings for 3 for 2 Weekend must be made from Thursday (noon) through to Saturday and for a return on either Sunday or Monday to count towards the extra weekend day.
- Standard charges apply where the rental length exceeds 3 days.
- Any additional cover (e.g. excess reduction, waivers, etc.) or optional extras (e.g. GPS, child seats, etc.) are not included free of charge during the ʺextraʺ days and will be charged for the duration of the rental.
- Offer is only valid for Pay Later and Pre-Pay rentals booked directly with Budget online or by phone.
- Discounts do not apply to fees for optional extras (such as special equipment, additional drivers, optional coverage or pre-paid fuel) nor to mandatory taxes, young driver surcharges, premium location fees, pay-on-return fuel charges, one-way charges or accident, damage or theft processing fees.
- This offer is not available for bookings of Budget van vehicles.
- Claims related to damage or theft is subject to a contribution from the renter which can be reduced by purchasing optional waivers.
- Prices will vary by car type, rental length, date and Budget location.
- Renter must meet the applicable Budget age, driver and credit requirements for the rental station you wish to rent from. Minimum age may vary by location.
- Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other Budget Customer Discount code, coupon or offer.
- Discount offer subject to availability.
- Cancellation charges apply.
- Budget Booking Terms and Conditions apply to the booking.
- Budget Rental Terms and Conditions apply to the rental.
- Budget reserve the right to amend or withdraw the offer at any time.